August 20, 2008

our life is short...we need to do something with it!

LeRoi Moore, the sax player for the Dave Matthews Band passed away this week...he was only 46. He got into an accident on his ATV and had complications. I have always been influenced "musically" by the DMBand. They are so talented...no doubt they were given there ability from God, but the loss of this man reminds me of how short our life is on this earth! Psalm 39:4 “LORD, make me to know my end, And what is the measure of my days, That I may know how frail I am. 5 Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my age is as nothing before You; Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah Our life is a vapor...we need to realize how frail we are! We are stewards...God gives us our life...we need to be doing something with it! I feel this is very applicable to my weight loss journey because I am starting to realize that I want to change the way I am handling my life! Losing weight and becoming healthier is a part of that. I weighed 450.5 lbs in January of 2008 and as of today I am bouncing around 410 lbs. That is 40.5 lbs of weight loss...I am stoked...but I am not satisfied. I know that I should rejoice in my achievements...and I have...but it is time for more! Today is me and Amber's 4 year wedding anniversary! We are gonna go have a nice lunch & dinner...but tomorrow...it's game time...straight up! I actually have a goal....I would love to get down to 300lbs by our 5th wedding anniversary (August 20th, 2009!) It is a huge goal...but I can do it! That would be 150 lbs of weight loss! It is not all about the pounds...it is about changing our lifestyle to be healthier...but the pounds are a part of that process!

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

So check out this photo....this is from the fall of 2007! I will not have to take any more pictures like this! Why would I post a picture where the buttons on my shirt are pulling? The answer...so you and I will be able to rejoice and worship God for his victory in my life as I step in to a part of my destiny...in becoming who he created me to be! Be Blessed & encouraged! -jimmy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro. Jimmy,
Just a suggestion on a REALISTIC weight loss goal for BEST RESULTS: shoot for losing NO MORE THAN 2 lbs/wk. Army Weight Control Program uses that metric. When I was an Army unit commander, I considered Soldiers to be progressing satisfactorily if they met that weekly goal. Reason for using this goal: if you lose 2 lbs/wk, you're much more likely to KEEP IT OFF. Has to do w/ the way your body can adjust its "set point." The set point is like the equilibrium point for your body's metabolic rate and weight. If you lose more than 2 lbs/wk, you're making it hard for your body to PERMANENTLY adjust the metabolic rate UPWARD and thus, the weight DOWNWARD.

Blessings,
Bro. Chip

Anonymous said...

jimmy you are the man!!!!!! you are seriously the man! just keep on truckin man.. u arre in my prayers!
be love'
-adam